Do not buy from if...
* You are in any doubt of authenticity or if you have an sort of negative gut feeling
* An item appears too cheap. Often one of the best indicators to an items authenticity is how much it costs. Do some research and find comparable prices and values from different sources. If the seller or dealer you are considering is selling a piece at below market value ask yourself why
* Dealers / Sellers that are hard to contact. Maybe a PO Box / No legitimate business address / A reluctance to give out phone numbers or further contact details
* Dealer websites that make unsupported claims about their autograph expertise and those that say we have had "20 years working behind the scenes in the music industry" without being able to prove it
* Ebay or Internet auctions unless you really do your research or are an experienced buyer
* An item that looks too perfect or too good to be true. Be very wary of photographs in good condition that are un-dedicated and beautifully signed in sharpie pen in the cleanest area